Sunday, September 25, 2011

A tribute to Ross McCormack




I hate to be a guy who pats me on the back, but I have to bring attention to a blog I wrote on August 12th, the blog was called: “Ross McCormack - Failure or star of tomorrow? Link: http://kimba1980.blogspot.com/2011/08/ross-mccormack-failure-or-star-of.html - feel free to read if you haven’t already, I suppose Ross have, since he is doing so well.

 

The blog was, as the title probably gives away, about Ross McCormack and the fact the he didn’t enjoy the best of times in Leeds last year, but it was also about the fact that I believed that we had a true star player in him, if he was given the chance and got a bit of self-esteem. Eight games into the season I am glad to say the Ross certainly have made his mark, 8 goals so far, and top scorer in the championship! Out of his eight goal, three have given Leeds vital points in the dying seconds, against both Crystal Palace and Bristol City he gave us a win, and on Friday he turned Jonny Howson’s last minute pass into a vital point at the amex in Brighton. With Andy Keogh getting his first for the club on Friday, and Mikael Forssell & Luciano Becchio finding fitness we suddenly have a lot of options in attack, I wonder if any of them can play centreback?

 

One thing seems certain at Elland Road, number 44 is the first choice striker and the other three will have to fight for the place beside him. So Ross this is for you, well done lad, I knew you could do it. And last but not least, Simon Grayson, please sort out our defense so Ross’ goal will give us more wins. Cheers!

 

Marching on together!      

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment