Saturday, November 5, 2011

Leicester - Leeds United 6th of November 2011





Sundays game against Leicester will be a strange one for Leeds fans and also for Leeds manager Simon Grayson, this is the club that gave him his breaktrough in football and he is known to hold the club in high regard. For us fans the strange thing will be seeing former players Schmeichel & Beckford, the latter especially holds big place in LUFC hearts after scoring loads of goals, including the promotion one in our three years in league one. I for one had no problems with Beckford wanting to give his talent a shot in the Premier League, but I do however find it a bit patethic that he gave it one season and then went a league down and clearly choose the club that would pay him the most money.

Despite spending millions during the summer Leicester have enjoyed a bad season so far, a season which have already cost Sven Goran Eriksson his job, they find themselfes in 8th with 22 points, just like Leeds. So currently managerless but starting to find their form and they will provide another stern test for out of form Leeds United.

Leeds went out and signed a loan goalkeeper on friday when England U21 keeper Alex McCarthy joined, he is starting Sundays game ahead of Alex Cairns - Paul Rachubka have been dropped (he knows the meaning of that) and is given a few weeks away from the spotlight after numurous errors, in my opinion he has probably cost us six or seven goals in the four games he has played. I was fortunate or unlucky enough to be on ER on wednesday, and I have never ever seen a keeper look so nervous and later terrible as PR was - Credit to the LUFC crowd for cheering the team on for 90+ minuttes.

I expect Simon Grayson to make a few changes, Lees is out with suspension and a few other players looked bad on both Sunday and Wednesday - I would prefer Leeds start 11 to look like this: McCarthy, Conolly, Bruce, Kisnorbo, White, Snoddy, Pugh, Varynen, McCormack, Howson & Becchio kind of a 4-4-1-1 with McC wide on the left, this is clearly the style of play to get the most out of Howson and since he is one of my fav players I want us to get that! 

I acknowlegde that it will be a tough game and would actually seetle for a point, but since I always try to be positive I will say 1-0 Leeds goal from Ross McCormack - He needs to get going again!

MOT

No comments:

Post a Comment