Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Leeds pub guide! Part three

So it is time for another part of the Leeds pub guide, I've been busy grieving over the loss of Gary Speed, but felt that now was the time to write on!

The horse and trompet The Headrow LS1 6LR Leeds

A nice little pub in the middle of Leeds and actually one of the last places we found SKY Sports on the screen. The beer are pretty cheap, £2.45 for a pint of Carlings, and on mondays even cheaper (£1.79), there is a decent selection of beers and also quite a few cask ales.

There is also food served and it tasted pretty good, even if it took a little to long to get it served.

My rating (out of ten)
Beer selection: ******
Food: ******
Service: ******
Atmosphere: ******
Prices: ********
Jukebox/music played: ******
Yates's 24–28 Boar Lane LS1 5DA

Let me start out by saying that this pub have got some ridiculous offers on food, actually it is grotesquely cheap to eat in there!

The pub is split in two with a lower and upper floor, upper is mainly for eating and below people party before going out.
The is 11 different beers and every day they have different offers on those aswell so the place is certainly worth a visit, we practially ate/drank in there every day.  The prices on beer and food varies from around £1.50 for the pint on sale and £3 for a complete meal, so if you've spent to much shopping, this is the place to dine.
Yate's is a chain of pubs so you can probably find one in each big city in England.

My rating (out of ten)
Beer selection: *******
Food: ********
Service: ******
Atmosphere: *******
Prices: **********
Jukebox/music played: *******
The Grove Inn, Back Row, off David Street, off Water Lane, LS11 5PL
http://www.thegroveinn.com/

This was without a doubt my favorite pub of the ones I visited on my last trip, a bit small and with many smaller rooms attached it semmed a bit weird the first time we arrived. But after spending a few hours i there we fell in love with the places, a bit of darts, the fire in the fireplaces or the owners dogs running around? Don't know what it was but it just felt like a real old english pub like you saw in tv series in the 80's (in the best possible way).

A pint of Carling cost me  £3.35, but the real treat in this places was the selection of cask ales, they had everything you could imagine, and the barman even let me try a few out before deciding which one I wanted - while taste trying we had a great talk about the vikings and other historical themes, simply brilliant!
This is the first place I will visit the next time I am in Leeds. It's a bit hard but I encourage you to try hard - located between the Hilton and Bewley's hotel, most people will pass it on their way to Elland Road.

My rating (out of ten)
Beer selection: **********
Food: N/A
Service: **********
Atmosphere: **********
Prices: ********
Jukebox/music played: ********** Actually deserves more *'s!

That is all from my pub guide, we did visit more pubs, by either we didn't stay long enough or Søren was to drunk to take notes. I hope that people going to Leeds will find this helpful and visit the pubs that I rated! MOT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment