Thursday, February 16, 2012

What's next for Leeds United?

So after sacking Simon Grayson we are now three games into the "Neil Redfearn reign" at Elland Road, and what the hell - the exact same problems show their ugly faces again - we can't defend, can't create real chances and can't win games - so was it SG's fault, can someone new really get more out of the team, or have we just all been filled with lies from Bates & Harvey AGAIN?

Since Simon left Leeds we have been linked to almost every manager in the country e.g Lee Clark, Mick McCarthy, Neil Warnock, Sven-Göran Ericsson, Karl Robinson, Paul Ince, Steve Bruce and many more - and what's happened? Neil Redfearn have been given four games in charge for no apparent reason, I can't make sense of what is going on inside the head of Bates & Harvey.

I had hoped that a new manager would come in now (like in any other NORMAL club), meaning that he'd have an outside chance of getting us promoted, but if not, then he'd at least have some games to see who he wanted to keep and who he wanted to sell/free up in the summer - and then make a plan for who he'd like to come in as well. I guess Bates feels that if Redfearn stays on this season he can avoid getting a new man in who makes demands on who should come in and who should go - you know, force him to give every player currently at the club a new chance from the beginning of next season, probably meaning we'll end up have another wasted season next year.

Lee Clark got the boot in Huddersfield on wednesday, they'll no doubt have a new manager before we do, and if they announce a deal with Simon Grayson I will be happy for them and him, but I will also feel that that will put them in a position where they can overtake us and become the footballing flagship of Yorkshire (God help us!!).

I want a new manager in Leeds now, Redfearn is not up for it (proved by his crazy subs on tuesday, who the hell changes up the central defence with 15 mins to go? plus takes of our only dangerous player on the night). A new manager now with new ideas and the ability to make Bates understand what is needed if he, like he claims, really want to see Leeds United be a force in England again - But I reserve the right to be critical of Bates' ambitions with Leeds United, but I really hope that this is the year he proves me wrong.

With that being said, I won't hold my breath on either the matter of us getting a new manager or the matter of Ken Bates proving me wrong. I do however still live in the dream world where I feel that Leeds United will get back to the top of the footballing world someday.

Marching on together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment