Friday, February 1, 2013

The transfer window


So the January transfer window came and went and as always I was glued to the screen hoping Leeds would give me a few surprises, and wtf, they actually did.

The most positive thing for me in the window is that we managed to get rid of some deadwood brought into the club under Simon Grayson. Roges, Nunez, Rachubka, Connolly & Pugh are just no where near good enough to play for Leeds United, so it's positve that we got rid of them.

On the hand I'm not to chuffed about the sale of Becchio, I think its a bad deal.
  • He's my favorite player, but it will always be team first so I can deal with that.
  • Getting a unplayed player and very little cash in return for your best striker and top 10 all-time scorer seems like an awful deal to me.
  • I had preferred to get £3M straight up and spend them in the summer which is not as expensive as the January window. 
Unsurprisingly Warnock has declared himself very happy with the way the window has gone and why wouldn't he be, he got rid of players he didn't need and he got rid of Becchio, the guy responsible for our awful style of play, I'll say this Colin, I look forward to our Leeds United being a passing team from tomorrow.

However Warnock has to be happy, he managed to get in a few players that he felt could improve our team (more of his long term targets, that he's tried to get for years in different clubs) and he's done it without much finacial backing from new owners GFH - So I guess Warnock actually have a reason to be happy.

GFH however still have a lot to prove to Leeds fans, they talked a great game when the takeover was ongoing but also stated that "silly money" would not be spend, when hearing that 500K-750K is to much for them, one has to wonder what they see as silly money. Both Haigh & Patel went into Twitter hiding after the Spurs game and just returned this morning with a "Welcome to Leeds Warnock, Morison & Habibou" tweet, very convenient, in my opinion the could learn a lot from the Peterborough chairman, Darragh MacAnthony, who filled fans in all day long over deals and stuff going on - much like GFH said they would.

I'm looking forward to seeing GFH show their finacial muscles in the summer, or to see whether they've just filled us with hot air.

Marching on together and welcome to Leeds Warnock, Habibou & Morison!


No comments:

Post a Comment