Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Game of the year 2012/13


It's time for the second award of the season and this time it game of the year, this game had it all, a new start after Warnock, a win, safety from promotion and a very unlikely hero.

The game I'm talking about is our home game against the Owls from Sheffield, a local derby with extra attention on it due to a supposed Leeds fan running onto the pitch at Hillsborough and hitting Owls keeper Kirkland and the game was also a early kick off for perhaps the same reason.

A few of the Danish Whites were present at Elland Road and the texts I got at half time were not to positive as we were down 0-1. In a few minutes in the second half Luke Varney suddenly decided to score two great goals and give Leeds a lead, and allthough the final 25 minutes were very hard to get through we did it! A win for Leeds and a win for new manager Brian McDermott, but most of all a win for the great fans who had endured so much agony during the season, I'll admit that the tension was so hard on me that I actually shed a tear at FT, I guess thats just how much passion I have for our club.

Congrats to Luke Varney, this will probably be the first and last time you're mentioned in one of my award blogs.

Marching on together

McDermott doing it for Redders.

No comments:

Post a Comment