Thursday, May 16, 2013

Player of the year 2012/13

It's time for the final award of the easily forgetable 2012/13 season - and this time it's the big one, player of the year.

As every other Leeds fan I've been very impressed by Sam Byram and also gave him the young player award (http://aroundmyleedsunited.blogspot.dk/2013/05/young-player-of-year.html) but for me there is only one guy who deserves player of the year, and he deserves it for several reasons.
  • I'm confident that without his many goals prior to his sale we'd be playing League One come August
  • I think everybody will agree that our promotion hopes, slim as they were, totally vanished when he left
  • We've all, almost, realised what a class goalscorer we had after seeing his replacement being worse then Billy Paynter
The sale of Becchio ruined our season, and if I disliked Warnock before the sale for his idiotic comments about Becchio, it doesn't compare to my hate towards him now, not only did he sell our top scorer (and top 10 of all time), he also "managed" to do it in a crap deal and get Morison and very little £'s for him, crazy stuff.

A well deserved player of the year in my humble opinion, now it's time for us to look forward to the new season and hopefully better times ahead, thanks for reading during the season - best fans in the world!

MOT

No comments:

Post a Comment