Friday, August 12, 2011

Ross McCormack - Failure or star of tomorrow?

Last summer Leeds United completed the signing of scottish international Ross McCormack, fans of the club were exited, and I was among them. A year back his club, Cardiff, had rejected offers around £4million and now we got him for a cut price, believed to be around £650000, a true bargain!

The day Ross signed for us, a Cardiff fan wrote on one af the Ross McCormack facebook tribute sites, "if you can keep him away from the pints and kebabs, you've got yourself a very good striker" - a year later, the question is: did we keep him away from those two, for a footballer, dangerous things??

Ross have played about 25 games for Leeds, with a not impressive 4 goals to show for it - I am sure that we all hoped and thought it would have been double or maybe even triple that amount. This is the point in my blog where I start to defend Ross, because I actually believe that the best is yet to come, he is a very hard worker and if you compare him to our other summer signing from last year, Billy Paynter, a MASSIVE succes.

Billy Paynter has played around 25 for games for Leeds aswell, scoring once! I know that many people think it is unfair to Billy to compare them, since Ross is a moving forward, while Billy is more of a targetman forward, but I have to say that the, ok very few, games I have seen with Billy P in a Swindon shirt gave me a very different picture of the guy. In Swindon he moved around alot, he went deep to get the ball, and worked the wings aswell, in Leeds, well yeah, I am not sure what he is doing actually!
But back to Ross, I believe that this will be his season, he has every chance now, with Becchio and Somma out, and I am sure he will take it! He got the speed, the eye for goal, and most importantly the desire for succes - these three things give me the "right" to call him, star of tomorrow (or this afternoon PLEASE) rather then failure!
So if you read this Ross, which you don't, know that I believe in you!

To my fellow Leeds fans, MOT - We will get there, with or without Ross McCormack!


No comments:

Post a Comment