Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My least favorite 11 Leeds United players.

As a follow up to my blog last week about my favorite Leeds 11, I'll now do my least favorite players. Once again it's not the ones who were the worst players, it's just the 11 players i disliked during or after their Leeds time. I will not put any loanes in my team, it would only be players who had permanent contracts. I'll once again set them up in a 442 and also pick the manager I've hated the most.

The worst Leeds goalkeeper ever: KASPER SCHMEICHEL.

He was arrogant, cocky, never had time for the fans and a declared Man U fan - worse then these things, he was also pretty shite. I am so happy he's gonna stay in the champoinship for another season, because as a Dane I'd hate to see him play on the national team, especially now that I don't have to see him play for my beloved Leeds United anymore.

The worst right back in Leeds history: JASON CROWE.

Jason was a terrible footballer, he actually started out looking ok, but things quickly turned for him and he vanished from the club, currently he's playing in league two, which might be his level exactly! The worst thing for me about Jason Crowe came on my first ever trip to Leeds. I stood outside the stadium to get some autographs from our players, and all of a sudden Jason stood in front of me, what was I to do.. I had to let him sign my shirt, and the moron signed just below the badge, so everytime I look at my shirt now, I always see his autograph right next to legends like Lorimer and Snoddy's - So that was actually enough for him to get the spot on my team.

Leeds' worst central defender ever: RIO FERDINAND.

God how I hate that guy, I actually disliked him when he joined and throughout his career in the club, but it's turned into hate after he left. Seeing him win everything in the game while at scum haven't helped him gain less hate from me either.

Another terrible central defender in Leeds: CARLTON PALMER

I know he was used in midfield, but I have so many terrible and annoying midfielders to choose from so all arms and legs will have to play in defence on my terrible Leeds players team. The money used to buy Carlton was about the same we gained when we sold David Batty, I sure know who of those two I'd rather have in my team. This guy actually played about 25 games for England, they must have had massive problems in the 90's, I wouldn't even have picked him for a Sunday league team.

The worst ever left back in Leeds and maybe the world: NIGEL WORTHINGTON.

Useless, just utter useless. I am happy to see that he's had a bit more success as manager then he did as a player.

Leeds worst right midfielder: LEE SHARPE.

Yeah, he might have been a left winger (but I had to get Kewell on), so Sharpey will get the right wing today. I hated him because I had such expectations when he joined, I thought we were going places after signing him, and well, he failed and didn't really look like he was trying not to. The fact that we spend the Gary Speed money on him doesn't ease my pain whenever I think of Sharpe in Leeds. Once again Man U got the better of us in a transfer deal, at least we managed to get ginger Strachan of them back in the day. 


Worst central midfielder in Leeds history and also a total twat: KEVIN NICHOLLS.

What an absolute cunt, you get picked to captian the greatest team in England and soon after you start crying because you want to return to freakin' Luton Town! This gut was a disgrace and I can't see many people making a most disliked Leeds team without having him in it. He actually got back to Luton a few years after leaving Leeds and here he suffered a career ending injury so at least he got what he deserved.


Another awful central midfielder: TOMAS BROLIN.

To say the expectations were high when Brolin joined Leeds is to lie, expectations were massive - Brolin was a proven international who had done brilliantly in Parma in Italy. Sadly he never quite found any sort of form in Leeds, actually he was totally out of form most of time. He did love the pies and all of the other unhealty stuff you can eat so he might not think of his Leeds days with as much horror as we do, at least he got to enjoy the wonders of the british pub meals.

The worst left sided midfielder in Leeds United history: HARRY "JUDAS" KEWELL.

I was so disappionted when Harry left Leeds for Liverpool, the way he and his agent got the deal done didn't help in my eyes. But what came form Harry was far worse, when he joined G*** (SCUM) he ruined everything for himself, I am confident he'll never show his face in Leeds again, and that must be hard when you consider what he brought us when he played, he was a legend in the making and he fucked it all up by greedy and stupid decisions.

My most disliked Leeds United forward: MICHAEL BRIDGES.

Bridges had a fantastic first season in Leeds and everybody thought the O'leary had grabbed a diamond when he signed him. Soon after his succesful first season he was badly injured and saw out his big money contract in Leeds on the side lines. When he finally, kind of, returned to fitness he didn't give a shit about Leeds (who had gone from Champions League contenders to relegation) and left the club. Bridges like Kewell could have become a Leeds legend in my eyes, but also choose money over loyalty.

Another horrible Leeds United Forward: MICHAEL RICKETTS.

Another Michael finds his way into my most hated Leeds United players. Ricketts, a former England international, joined Leeds after the clubs relegation to the Championship, and much like Billy Paynter he failed to score (Well Billy actually has one league goal which keeps him off the list). I think we all had big hopes for Ricketts and thought he'd be the one who'd shoot us right back into the Prem, but instead he was a complete joke, and everyone was happy when he left the club, even though we got relegated further in "year one after the Ricketts Era" haha.

The worst ever Leeds manager: DENNIS WISE.

He was small, annoying, got us relegated to league one and he was and is Chelsea, nuff said.

Subs of other terrible Leeds players: MARK BEENEY, MICHAEL DUBERRY, JACOB BURNS, NICK BARMBY, ERIC CANTONA, TORE ANDRE FLO, JIMMY FLOYD HASSELBAINK & KEVIN BLACKWELL

Unlike my blog about my favorite 11 Leeds players these players are of a younger date, the reason for this is that I feel it's ok to idiolize and admire people you have only heard of and seen on videos, but I feel that if you want to hate someone you have to have seen them play and have a genieune idea of why you choose to dislike them. I hope you enjoyed reading my blog, please leve your most hated Leeds 11 in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment