Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Scandinavian support

In Denmark where I live there's always been a lot of Leeds fans, there's even more in our neighbour countries Norway and Sweden. A couple of times a year loads of Scandinavian Leeds fans take the trip over to Leeds to watch the team the started loving during 60/70/80 or 90's televised games and from reading "Shoot" or "Match" football magazines.

I've been over to see Leeds three times and seen a total of six games (Always book for two homegames so the trip has a perfect ending with a game the day before leaving again), the first time was in League One and I saw a 1-1 draw and a 2-0 Tuesday win, the time after things started brightly with a 1-0 win against Sheffield U, but then disaster struck and have been staying with me since when visiting ER - The next game was the horrible 4-6 game against PNE, so that night I witness a Leeds record for conceding, and my next trip we saw another draw and off course on the Tuesday Blackpool smashed us 0-5, Leeds biggest home defeat in my lifetime, so once again a terrible Leeds record to witness.

My point with this blog is coming now, I was meant to have been over for the West Ham and Forest games, but my education and work got in the way, so sadly I couldn't make it, but after Tuesdays result I'm actually quite happy I couldn't, it would have been unbearable to witness my team break another tragic Leeds record.

I know about 1000 Scandinavians were over, among them many I know via facebook, twitter and of course in real life, and I must say that they took the defeat nicely, but then again you can't do much else then laugh when seeing games like those can you?

The support Leeds get from overseas is amazing, I have the utmost respect for all of the fans who spent loads of £'s on trips over again and again (and of course also all of you who live closer and spent big bucks on the club), and even if we sometimes fail (A LOT !!!), I still look forward to visiting Leeds again and hopefully this time colleting six points from my double game.

This picture is me after the Sheffield U game, you wouldn't want to see me after Preston.

Marching on together!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete