Tuesday, December 18, 2012

January transfer market coming up...

So LUFC fans favorite time of year is coming up, yup the transfer window. I hope that frases like "Irons in the fire" "Like a new signing" "Just couldnt get it over the line" & "The agent fucked us over" are gone after new ownership has arrived at the club.

One thing is on most Leeds fans minds though, how much cash have GFH made available for NW to spend.. Some seem to think were filthy rich and will be able to take our pick from every clubs in the Championsship and from some in Premier League too, I'm more cautious, I think were lucky if NW gets £1,5-2M for players.
There's a few reasons for that, I cant see us signing many players that can play in the prem right now, so why "waste" £5-6M on guys we'll have to sell when/if promoted. If NW is serious about retiring in the summer, why would GFH give him cash to spend on players a new manager might not want, and finally I'm not sure that GFH are as loaded as some fans think, I don't know, but I think they would have pushed the TO though ages before if they had "money to burn"

So who will we sign?

There's been plenty of rumours on both twitter and facebook, since the Alan Smith story has died it seems that Beckford and Gradel have taken his place in former players been linked with a return.
I'd love to see Gradel return to Leeds, but I honestly can't see it happening, his team in France are fighting for Champions League football for next season, I don't think his love for Leeds is big enough for him to quit that to, maybe just maybe, play for us in the Premier League. The Beckford story is never happening, we had the chance in the summer to get him on loan and NW never thought about it I think, he's not a NW kind of player, he's too lazy, so I really dont believe that.

So now that I've shot down the stories, I should put down my guesses on who's coming in.
I can see us signing Michael Tonge (wish SG had done that when he signed Pugh a few years ago), I think that Alan Tate will stick around as well. I really hope that Jerome Thomas stays too, but I'm not to sure that WBA are prepared to let him go, and his wages could prove a stumbling block too.
I'd like to see us add a left back and another striker too, Ross McCormack seems unlikely to score at the moment, and could be put to better use on the wing, he's after all one of our most creative players in recent years. NW dosent seem to like Aidy White or Adam Drury on the LB and no one likes Peltier out there (or anywhere really) so thats probably something we should look at, I have no idea however who we could sign.

Jermaine, my friend, we'll always have January 3rd 2010!

MOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment