Monday, December 3, 2012

Lee Peltier; Unlucky or Captain Calamity?


I was pretty happy when we managed to sign Lee Peltier this summer, after the Joel Ward failure where we all thought we were totally broke it was nice to get a proven player into the team. I was however, like most fans, pretty surprised when Lee was named captain, in my eyes he seems like a quiet guy and not much of a leader. A player like Jason Pearce or even Rodolph Austin seemed a much more likely choice, and more of a Leeds United type captain.

My biggest issue however is not that I don't agree with him being captain, my biggest issue is that after four months I still have no idea what his best position is, is he a RB, a CB or, doubtful, a LB?

In my head he's a RB, but young Sam Byram has done extremely well and made the position his own, so what to do? You can't put your captain on the bench, so you play him out of position and make him look like a fool.. Can't say I agree with that decision NW. Neil makes very few mistakes, but picking Lee as captain and playing him out of position is a pretty big one.
No one expected Sam Byram to play like he has, and we're all well impressed with him, and his progress actually means the purchase of Peltier is wasted in my opinion - but like I said, no one could know.

So in one way Lee Peltier is unlucky, because have came to a club that already had a better RB then him in the team, in many other ways he's just captain calamity because he plays out of position and makes a lot of errors, errors that might end us costing us in the long run.
I hope we get rid of Pelts in the transfer window, if we can get the money spent on him back, there are other spots in the team that those money could be better spent.

Before it all sounds to negative I'd like to thank NW for getting team spirit back in the recent games and getting my favorite player Luciano Becchio back to his best.

Marching On Together


No comments:

Post a Comment