Saturday, June 22, 2013

The best ever Leeds United shirt

About a year ago my mailman rang my door and I went downstairs and opened it, there it was, ok it was wrapped so I could not actually see it, but I knew it was in there... I went upstairs and opened the package, and as expected, the best, Leeds United related, ebay purchase EVER. A slightly worn original Asics Thistle Hotels shirt as worn by legends like McAllister, Speed, Deane and Strachan.
I was well happy with the purchase, which was actually pretty cheap (£16 I think) and I wear it as often as I can, no event is to small to show of a true Leeds classic.

Footballing wise we have without a doubt celebrated more succes in other shirts, but I just like this so much, the collar, the color, the stripe, the logo - it just has it all - actually all the Thistle Hotels shirts (perhaps not the goalie ones though), were awesome and I have almost managed to get them all, just lacking the green/blue one but I'll probably get hold of that someday to.

After years with Diadora and Macron I always like to think back the days we wore Nike, Asics and Umbro, true sporting brands and not this cheap crap we wear now, one of my biggest hopes is that we will return to a decent brand the year we are promoted, which means 2014/15 (I wish).

Marching on together!


No comments:

Post a Comment